Sunday, March 21, 2010

Sick kids, goofy girls, and tired parents

The lovely time change really took us for a ride this year. I think we felt that "lost hour" for the full week. Started with Shay screaming in the middle of the night only to find she had puked for us. Poor peanut. She then spent the night with Chris on the couch and Anika could not sleep in her room without her sister, so she slept with me on the bed.... and so did Odin. Needless to say, the queen size bed was not enough for Odin, Anika and myself....



The week continued on in a daze. Shay finally seemed to kick the virus and fever midweek, but still (Sunday) seems to be recovering still, but gets very tired and whiny after little activity. She'll hopefully get back on track here this week.



Anika was on meds and seemed to bypass this one, so far. I will probably bite myself in the ass for saying that... Kylie has continued to stay healthy as well... hoping it continues because this last week was one I would not like to repeat. However, Chris seems to be starting in with the sore throat and cold.... I just want summer-- sun and warmth!



Kylie swam like a fish this week at swim class. So much it was almost unreal. She wears a little floaty thing on her back and seems to have no fear anymore. She jumps in, goes underwater and swims to the wall with no help. I have to say, it is pretty cool to see, seeing last year was she was so scared. Hopefully it will continue and as one friend says, "she will be swimming 100 flys in practice in a drag suit on the 105."



Lastly, Happy 40th Birthday Big Bro! Maybe Bryn will share some pictures of the fiesta before you turn 41! :)





Kylie in her fort, that Odin took over... Kylie was a real trooper and helped out when Shay was sick. She took care of Anika and made sure she was always happy.




I think Odin really liked her fort more than she did... And I cannot forget to mention the headband that her cousins Annalee and Abby gave her. I am sure she has told everyone she knows about it.



The silly girls-- thanks Katie for capturing this. I think it is hilarious!



I'm not really sure why they are holding their ears on this one.... but again, too funny.



Swimmer Shay



Swimmer Anika



Anika and her green eyes-- they looks so green in this picture...



Kylie supervising her sisters eating popsicles



Anika wearing her popsicle.

1 comment:

Katie Garber said...

Cute pics! What is up with the little ones and their goggles? Too funny! Hope everyone is recovered by now and no new sicknesses have come your way.